Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Start

Hello and welcome to The Open Book.

Here's where I'll share my experiences, learnings, thoughts, pictures, perhaps a recipe...?

A little about myself. I'm your average Jane. I work Monday to Friday in a South Mumbai office. I'm short-sighted, and I like to cut my hair at a very FANCY place. My style oscillates between quirky and kurtas, though I love salwar kameezes and beautiful dupattas are my fashion weakness. If I could, I'd walk about barefoot. I like shoes like any other girl, but there's a sense of freedom in wearing no footwear at all.

I love to travel, talk to people from different regions and soak up diverse cultures. I love food, I love little stories connected to food, I love rituals around food. I like to cook and although I'm vegetarian, I try and adapt recipes to the ingredients I have at hand.

I'm a bit of a geek and I believe it is imperative that we learn how to fix things ourselves around the house. It's fun and it makes us independent. I'd love to learn carpentry, plumbing, electrical works and so on. I also enjoy embroidery and working on the sewing machine; I even learnt how to stitch my own clothes in college! It's come in handy on several occasions even though I'm not a regular.

Of the 10 people I meet, I end up disliking 9. That makes me rather unpopular with a lot of people. But every one of those 10 people I really, really like, have contributed in making my world a beautiful place to live in. They've seen me through my worst, stood by me, whacked me for my wrongdoings yet brought me out of a mess... yes, and I'm glad I didn't care about the rest of the 9!

Yeah, I mentioned mess and wrongdoings. I also mentioned experiences and learnings. That pretty much explains why I call this The Open Book. You should be prepared to read it... :)

You'll know more about my friends, loves, peeves in the posts to come. I'd love to know your thoughts... so feel free to key in your comments.

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment